AUSTIN, TX—Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse (CALA) of Central Texas, a nonprofit legal watchdog group, today announced that two local community leaders have been elected to lead its board of directors for 2013. San Antonio’s Chip Hough, managing partner of Basic Industries, will serve as Chairman, while Austinite Jill Shackelford will serve as vice chairperson.
“It’s a privilege to lead the Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse of Central Texas as we work to raise public awareness about the cost and consequences of lawsuit abuse,” Hough said. “From our local communities to the halls of the Capitol this legislative session, CALA of Central Texas is committed to bringing common sense to our courts system.”
During the 2013 Legislative Session, Hough pointed to the need to rein in predatory lawsuit lenders as one of the organization’s top priorities at the Capitol.
Also, re-elected as Board members for 2013 are:
- Roger Borgelt, principal, Borgelt Law
- Cliff Collier, dealer manager, Howdy Honda
- Karen Easterling, State Farm Insurance
- DeWitt Gayle, president/managing principal, STG Design Architects
- Jana Howden, community leader
- Bobby Jenkins, president, ABC Pest and Lawn Services
- Darryl Jordan, vice president of risk management and chief risk officer, Seton Healthcare Family
- Clay McPhail, business consultant
- Andy Tewell, president, Central Texas Equipment Co.
- Paul Workman, secretary, Workman Commercial Construction Services Ltd.
For more information about CALA of Central Texas, visit www.calactx.com, on Facebook.com/CALACTX and on Twitter @CALACTX.